Here you can find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about HAWEKA commercial Wheel Alignment systems.
Q. I use a mobile service – don’t need to own one?
- With your own system you don’t need to schedule a mobile visit.
- Regain control of your workshop.
- Save on mobile charges.
Q. Alignment is too complicated/lengthy?
- Haweka equipment is designed for ease of use and rapid measurement –on an artic unit completed in 15 minutes.
Q. How does Commercial vehicle alignment differ from car alignment?
- Commercial vehicles reference the chassis or sub-frame. HAWEKA systems always have a scale which fixes to the chassis magnetically (for a truck) or hangs from the sub-frame (on a bus/coach). The front wheels are then set precisely in the straight-ahead position using this reference.
- In car alignment, wheel toe on one axle is compared to the wheels on the other axle. This system works perfectly for cars but is not correct for trucks and buses.
Q. Will it fit my vehicles?
- Works on any commercial vehicle, even with alloy wheels.
Q. What can the system measure?
- Depending on which AXIS product you acquire, you can measure total toe, single toe, axle out-of-square, camber, caster, KPI and toe-out on turns.
Q. Can you measure trailers?
- Yes, with the trailer accessory kit.
Q. Can you measure buses?
- Yes, with the bus frame scale accessory kit.
Q. Can you measure vans/light commercials?
- Yes, with van/car accessory kit.
Q. Why do wheel alignment on Commercial vehicles?
- Reduce tyre wear - correct alignment extends tyre life up up to 25%.
- Reduce fuel consumption - 10mm mis-alignment on ONE wheel increases usage 4% with savings of up to 5% per vehicle easily achieved.
Q. Why use the Haweka AXIS equipment?
- Measurements are easy, rapid and accurate - vehicle are measured in 15 minutes.
- Simple magnetic/grab-arm wheel mounting - patented.
- No vehicle lifting.
- Fast measurement of toe, camber and axle mis-match.
- So quick and easy, can be done routinely at each service.
- Speed and ease of use ensure that tyre wear and fuel consumption are minimised.
- No waiting for mobile service.