EBA (Emergency Brake Assist) and ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) are advanced systems that help the driver to keep a safe distance from other traffic ahead. They also alert the driver if manual intervention is required.
To function correctly the alignment of the EBA/ACC sensors needs to be checked regularly and, if necessary, adjusted. The AXIS series for trucks and buses now also includes upgrade kits to align EBA and ACC systems. For AXIS500 laser wheel alignment systems, and also AXIS4000 camera equipment, EBA accessory kits are in use at several truck main dealers both in UK and worldwide.
From 1st November 2015 all new vehicles registered under most categories need to have EBA/ACC systems: See the InterReg website for more details.
- The electronic adjustment system ACC4000 is an additional module which functions exclusively with AXIS4000 to check and adjust ACC sensors.
- It enables a quick and reliable inspection in the driving condition.
- Measurement procedure including setup time in less than 5 minutes.
- Data collection with the help of a wireless camera.
- With the help of a specially developped software the measured data are clearly arranged and represented.
- Documentation through printout.
ACC4000 is applicable on various ACC sensor types. Depending on the ACC type, a mirror adaptor might be required to collect data. (See Optional Accessories below)
WABCO mirror adaptor
Part no. 922 001 011